Sunday, June 28, 2009

More on Sofia; June 2009 Visit

The night before my Granddaughter, Sofia, aged five, was to leave my home in California to return to Washington, DC, she approached the rocking chair in which I was sitting and reading, threw her arms around my neck, kissed my cheek firmly four times, looked me deeply in the eyes, said, "Remember, you're mine", kissed me four more times, punctuated her words with another look, then moved on to the next room.

A short time later she crawled onto my lap. "Ask me if I'm going home tomorrow? she said. I said "Are you going home tomorrow?". She said, "Yes," nodding her head; then "No," shaking her head. Then "Yes," nodding her head, then "No," shaking her head. A few more times. "That's what's called a mixed message," I said. She said, "I'm staying all summer," settling in my arms.

She left the next day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ziyah said...

Dear Cliff,

Reading anything you write about Sofia bathes me in joy. Tears roll down my cheeks and over my huge smile ... I can feel your heart, which she obviously has taken possession of.

Ziyah

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home