Friday, March 20, 2009

Vox Clamantis

Death.
You who
reigns supreme
here on earth,
especially
among those who admire and respect and bow to you,
I spit in your face.
I call your sister whore
and your brother
fool
and your ur-mother and all-powerful father inconsequential.

I will endure
beyond your earthly victory.

I say:
"your trophy is tarnished
because
your victory was preordained,
It was
a fixed gane,
a false challenge.

"Some other time,
some other place
when
your sycophantic seconds in life's duel,
(illness
aging,
and ignorance)
are gone
(and by which you have unfairly
have tilted the game,
here on earth)
I will face you,
universally free,
floating forever
you and I,
alone in the universe,
David and Goliath
naked of all armaments, cleverness and
instruments,
and will defeat you,

My weapon will be
my will and
my human shout
'I love life!!!'"

Driving a stake into your lfe-sucking heart.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ziyah said...

... I read w/my eyes but feel it in my gut. Its very passionate and powerful ... deeply satisfying to ingest.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home