Friday, March 30, 2012

Where Have I Been For Six Weeks?

On February 18th, I fell down the stairs at home and fractured my hip and femur. On February 20th I was operated on.

I remained in that hospital for three days. I was then transferred to a nearby rehab hospital where I remained for three weeks. The therapists were wonderful.

I returned home fourteen days ago and have been learning with the aid of home-visit therapists and a walker how to get around...again...including getting up and down the same set of stairs and in and out of my favorite shower! I now can also get in and out of a car (someone else drives) and I am no longer housebound. I am back teaching.

I can also now sit at my computer for a stretch of time without pain. (Typing in my bed just didn't attract me!)

To those of you who have continued to search this blog, I say thank you and hope to repay your loyalty with better blogs.

To those of you who have gone to more punctual pastures, I hope I will visit me again one day.

No matter which category you fit in, life--and blogging--and new thoughts--continue.

(SEE tomorrow for a new post!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

There are no "more punctual pastures" to be in than this one. Sorry you had to go thru that (shit). Glad rehab was good for you...I loved that part of reading this.

Humpty Dumpty comes to mind...you poor guy, keep writing.... xo

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home