Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Me

There is no central me.

My brain, that newest extension of my primitive body, the part that tries to define me, is constantly changing. Old cells are dying, new cells are being created, and new pathways between cells are constantly evolving, if not fully mutating, both in form and in nature. The world, the universe, is constantly changing, and I am forced to change continuously as I move through it in my changing manner. Evolution may have brought me to this DNA, but DNA only "makes us without determining us".

WHO am I? WHO is ultimately determined by WHEN. There is no fixed point in time to be able to make definitional determination of who I am. I am yesterday. Because today, this point in time, has already past; by the time it registers in me it will be tomorrow.

Fixity--me--is an illusion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home